This post sponsored by Mirum Shopper. Opinions are 100% my own.
I’m back with another delicious fall recipe for your family. Temps are dropping and it’s time to put some soup in rotation. Once the temps drop, we’ll be spending a lot of time indoors. This is the perfect time to get the kids involved in the kitchen. I headed to Target to take advantage of the their buy 3, get one FREE deal on select Unilever items. I used Knorr Chicken Rice sides to make this delicious corn chowder with Peyton.
Peyton loves when I ask for her help in the kitchen. She takes pride in the responsibilities that I give her. Of she loves to stir continuously.
- 2 slices reduced sodium bacon
- 1/2 cup leek, finely chopped, white parts only
- 10 ounces peeled butternut squash, finely chopped (I used zucchini)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn or thawed, frozen corn
- 8 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor
- Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
- Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through. Garnish, if desired, with fresh parsley and bacon.
Preparation time 10 minutes and cooking time 25 minutes. Makes 8 cups.
*TIP: Nothing beats fresh vegetables – but frozen or canned vegetables save time and can be just as nutritious. Look for no added sugar, fat or salt varieties.
I’ve never made a chowder before. It was easier to make than I thought and the family loved it. Head to Target to take advantage of the buy 2 Hellmann’s or Best Foods items for $7 or buy 3, get 1 free on select Unilever food and ice cream brands below.
- Hellmann’s 30oz real
- Knorr Chicken Rice Sides
- Breyers Natural Vanilla
- Lipton Recipe Secrets
- Lipton Tea 100ct
- Country Crock Original 15oz
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Original 15oz
What’s your families favorite fall recipe?