There’s a strong support for #BlackLivesMatter but there are a lot of people screaming back that #AllLivesMatter. Duh!? Yes all lives matter but there are some lives that need a little more support. I must admit, a few years ago after the Travon Martin case, I didn’t think there was anything wrong with saying All Lives Matter. Actually, there’s nothing wrong with saying it, just don’t say it in response to Black Lives Matter, umkay? After deep conversations with a friend, I was like “Oooohh”. I’m going to try and help you get it if you’re still confused.
- All children matter but what about the one’s fighting cancer, abused, and hungry?
- All women matter but what about women battling breast cancer?
- All babies matter but what about premature babies?
- All women matter but what about women being abused?
- All men matter but what about the men being murdered at the hands of bad cops?
Basically, if you can support Susan G Komen, you can support Black Lives Matter. The Black Lives Matter movement is to encourage change and hold bad cops accountable for their actions. How many more videos do we need to see of black men being killed unjustly at the hands of bad cops. Black Lives Matter doesn’t mean Police Lives Don’t Matter. I truly believe that majority of cops are awesome. They protect and serve us everyday.
I hope this helps you to understand why Black Lives Matter and you’ll pause before saying All Lives Matter. You won’t respond to a person that wants to fight breast cancer with “Well, all breast matter”. Got it?