I said a while ago I was going to take a longer breaks in between my getting extensions. I love my extensions (weave) and don’t plan on kicking it to the curb no time soon. It’s convenient, always looks good and a time saver. But I need a break. The downside is that natural hair is a lot of work and I don’t have that kind of time. I’ve come with a few easy styles that work for me and my natural hair.
1. Sleek pull back. Depending on your hair, you don’t have to use any heat. Just brush hair back when wet.
2. Top knot with bang. My hair was blow dried (on medium and warm setting) and then flat ironed. I pin-curled my bang at night so I wouldn’t have to curl it the next day.
3. Twist-out. This is the infamous natural hair look (for me). I twisted my hair after washing. Then sat under a hooded dryer for about 30 mins. I take the twist out the next day. This doesn’t last long for me without re-twisting daily. This style ends up looking like number 5.
4. Top knot. The easiest of easy hairstyles! I slick my hair up into a bun when it is wet. I pack in a good moisturizing product when I do this.
5. This look comes from the left over curls from look # 3. I just use bobby pins and pin my hair up all around. Or, I will just put it in a ponytail and rock a little puff.
I know some people wear their twist for a few days out and about. I look like O’Dog from Menace to Society, so you won’t catch me out with my twist. I’m not about that life. Instead, I will rock a turban or a cute hat until I take my twist out. I posted these pictures on instragram last week. You can follow me here.
Nothing fancy about my styles. These are easy and work for me. Maybe one day I will have time to try some of these fabulous styles I found on Pinterest (here). What is your quick go to style for your hair?