I told yall she was my BFF! Confirmed on twitter! LOL!
My Verizon buddy Jeff kicking it at BlogHer!
Spooning with my BFF Rhonda from Looms Lids and Layers. We were trying out the Sheex brand in the BlogHer expo. They have this cool technology like sports wear but still soft like 1000 count sheets! You have to check out Sheex! The thing on my head is supposed to tell me how good my sleep is. I am sure I failed!
I spotted this …this… THING, as I was heading into the Sparklecorn Party! Scary!
After all the parties, swag, and laughs, I am sure you want to know what I got out of BlogHer!
1. The BlogHer parties are off the chain! Both the private ones and the official conference parties at the hotel. I think Lipstick + High Heels may have been the best.. *wink
2. Blogging is definitely a business! Every brand was there wanting to talk to us! They know that our readers like us and trust us to tell them what is good!
3. It’s ok to be compensated! If people are reading your blog, you have influence. You know how much stuff I buy just because one of you guys talked about it? You should be given something for it! Plus, running a blog takes time. We all stay up late hours blogging, pinning and tweeting. I learned that it’s ok to receive compensation for your time! Especially if you are a mommy!
4. If you want to be a SUPER blogger like Man Repeller, Style Pill, Momtrends etc… it doesn’t happen overnight! Most of the bloggers we admire have been doing this for years and put in a lot of work!
5. If you have any blogging goals, for ex. be an ambassador, write reviews, be on TV, write a book, photographer or just want to get better and learn more… you should attend BlogHer or other reputable conferences. Or if you just want to talk bloggy stuff for the weekend and hang in NYC with cool people!
6. Don’t bother blogging if you don’t love it! Don’t do it just because you think you will get free stuff! When I started a blog I had no clue that people would send me stuff, invite me to events and that blog conferences even existed. I barely even know what a blog was for that matter!
I am going to keep it real with yall. I did not go with the intentions of hitting each session. I wanted to meet people in real life, learn about new brands & products and a party or two : ). For me, it was a total success! Obama address all the attendees (which I missed because I had to put on my makeup for my party)! Had lunch with Martha Stewart (with 5000 other folks) and bumped into my bff Jeannie Mai walking the halls!
What are your feelings on blog conferences? Do you plan on attending one? Next year BlogHer will be in Chi-Town! Yall know that is my home town so I will be there! Lipstick + High Heels part II!