Blogalicious was amazing! I met the most inspiring and encouraging women (and a few men) at Blogalicious. I was welcomed you with open arms.
The conference was held at the uber fab Gaylord Resort on National Harbor!
The conference kicked off Friday with a little eye candy that is Jesse Jones from U-ology! This
fine young man is only 30 and now speaks all over the place. Here are some great things that he shared with us.
- Uncover your Passion (there is that word again)
- Talk about it and be about it!
- The most important connection is within!
While networking find a common ground and make a mental note
Twitter lists are great
Email is not dead! Follow up using email!
Pay it Forward
Collaborate with other Bloggers
Tips for attending a conference or event:
- Before the event
- Find out who is going
- Identify people you want to meet
- Start a conversation before had via twitter or facebook
- During the event
- Leave your comfort zone, don’t always sit with the same people
- Don’t pitch, listen! Don’t walk up to people and just go in about yourself
- Follow Up!
- Make it personal
- Continue the relationship
Great stuff! I wanted to steal the faux fur jacket that Corine was wearing! She ran away from me before I could get a picture : )
Content is NOT King, Great Content is King!
“Engagement is Queen” Ted Rubin.
PR companies like to see you engaging with your community.
You are selling yourself to a brand, Lear to sell
Bloggers are more influential then Celebrities
Just by learning a few simple things about agencies can catapult you.
Follow the brands you like
Research PR companies
After the PR session we had a cupcake party for the American Cancer Society More Birthday Campaign. We all song Happy Birthday! It was very moving, bring us to tears.
Then it was lunch time I was talking and meeting people that I did not make it to any formal sessions. I did enjoy all the sponsor booths.
Saturday morning after breakfast we welcomed by a gospel choir promoting the move Joyful Noise starring Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah coming out in January!
First, Helena is HILARIOUS! I had to get her book! Her book as actually is becoming a movie working with the creator of Greys Anatomy! Congrats to her!
Here are some of the great points that stood out to me.
- People should know your voice
- Be confident and stand by your content
- You want people to make you a part of their daily routine ex; coffee then Baby Shopaholic : )
- When guest writing know your audience
- Sometimes for inspiration you just need to put the computer away and just live.
The keynote speaker on Saturday was Rene Syler of Good Enough Mom. She was talking about Reinvention ROCKS! I have to say this was the my favorite part of the conference! Rene is a former anchor on CBS’ The Early Show. She has also sat on Oprah’s couch! She had some awesome points that really resonated with me as a new mom.
- Surround yourself with the right people! Don’t have the wrong people sucking up your energy!
- Everything happens for a reason. The life you lead is seldom the life you laid out for yourself.
- Not everyone will like you. Let that be their problem! WORD UP!
- Being nervous is okay. Because you can use it as rocket fuel.
- Fear is NOT your friend
I just love the phrase “Good Enough Mom”. As a mom we want to be the Perfect Mom and Wife. Rene reiterated that your best is Good Enough! That is so powerful!
Make sure your blog is Pretty!
No typos (I fail at this one)
Get your metrics together and put together a media kit.
Know your value
Follow up with PR or companies you meet
Find out who the company is working with
Learn about them
Follow them on twitter or Facebook
Don’t burn bridges!