I cared for my skin from the inside out with Aveeno® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #Aveeno
Harper is 3 months old already! Besides being hooked to a pump most of the day, I’m finally feeling human again. Now I’m ready to get a little bit of “me” back so I’ve been finding ways to steal a little Mommy time.
- Get some sleep. We all use that time when baby sleeps to run around the house trying to get things done like we’re on a game show. I learned my lesson with Peyton for not sleeping when she slept. I try to make sure to take at least one nap with Harper during the day.
- Take a shower at night with a great body wash. If you love coconut, your going to love Aveeno® new Skin Relief Gentle Scents Wash Nourishing Coconut. It’s lightly scented with coconut but just as gentle as Aveeno® fragrance free products. I take my showers when Mister is home so if baby wakes up, he can tend to her. A shower works wonders for a new mom’s soul, especially when you come out smelling like fresh coconut.
- Go to the grocery store alone. Instead of dragging two kids to do my weekly grocery shopping, I leave them at home with Mister who is more than likely planted on the couch watching football.
- Schedule a weekly beauty routine. Whether it’s getting my brows or nails, I try to make sure I do something for me. I usually take care of this while I’m out grocery shopping *wink*.
- Get up early. I know what you’re thinking, who wants go get up early after being up all night with a baby. You’re probably up anyway. I steal a few hours in the morning to do things like blog and answer emails. It’s the only time I can get anything done without interruption during the day.
These five tips help me stay sane while adjusting to our new addition. If you’re a fan of coconuts, make sure you check out Aveeno® Skin Relief Gentle Scents Wash Nourishing Coconut. I love all my Aveeno® products but this is by far my favorite. You can learn more about Skin Relief Gentle Scents Wash HERE.
How do you get in your “mommy” time?
JoeyDecember 22, 2015 at 2:04 pm
I am definitely team go to the grocery store alone. I look at the magazines, I read ingredients, and I take my time! I’ve also recently started taking my showers at night because my three year old will get up as soon as she hears anyone moving around in the morning. Thanks for the tips! I love Aveeno products and will try this body wash.